[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 508: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 508: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
Nissan Pure Forums • Cannot believe I am asking help for this.

NissanPure.com:

Username:   Password:   Remember Me?    *Login
* FAQ

Post new thread Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Novice
Drives:

#1 - 04-18-2014, 7:59 PM.

Well I have this problem about changing my belts. Let me start off by saying I was originally going to change my water pump but ended up changing a shitload of things on my car, one which was my belts.

So fast forward to when I finished installing my WP, I get to my belts. Now note the original belts are already taken out. I go ahead and install the alternator belt. That was easy but it does not want to tighten up! I screwed the tentioner yet it does nothing. The alternator belt is tight its just not as tight as it used to be which concers me. Anyway I get the alternator belt on and decide to put the PS belt on. Well guess what? It does not want to fit. And I am 100% positive it is the correct size belt. I'm literally trying to strech the damn belt so it can fit, but failed miserably.

I need help any suggestions? Thanks.

The Boss
Drives:

#2 - 04-19-2014, 1:03 AM.

If you screwed the alternator tensioner all the way and the belt is still not tight, you got the wrong belt. It's happened to me before at AutoZone / Advanced. If you can't fit the power steering belt on then you need to loosen up the pulley all the way. There is a locking nut holding the pulley in place, you have to loosen that first before loosening the tensioner.

Novice
Drives:

#3 - 04-19-2014, 8:25 AM.

When I was going to take out the PS belt at the start (to get access to the WP) I did the exact thing you just said. I loosened the locking nut and then I loosened the tensioner but the belt did not want to come off. It was still tight. So the only possible way to remove the belt was to actually remove the WP pulley. Now note, that the tensioner was completely loose at this point.

The Alternator belt was very easy to come off and put on. It's just that it is kind of loose, I don't know how to explain it. Like, its tight but at the same time it's not. If that makes any sense. Right now I am not worried about the alternator belt because I have it installed, my problem is the PS belt which is giving me headaches.

Any other possible solutions? Maybe the PS pump is stuck? I heard that sometimes you have to "push it down" in order for the belt to come off/ to put on. Any truth to that? Thanks.

The Boss
Drives:

#4 - 04-19-2014, 9:23 PM.

I believe there is another nut you have to loosen on the P/S pump. You access it with a 14mm socket through the P/S pulley. That's why there are holes in the pulley so you rotate the pulley until you see it (at the top). Just loosen that and you should be good.

Novice
Drives:

#5 - 04-19-2014, 9:44 PM.

Ahh, okay I will try that tomorrow thanks.

Novice
Drives:

#6 - 04-20-2014, 8:00 PM.

Alright got the belt around the PS pump, now I can't tighten it. :cry:

I tightened up everything and it is still loose. I have no idea what the hell is going on with the tensioner.

The Boss
Drives:

#7 - 04-20-2014, 9:28 PM.

You keep everything loosen, tighten the tensioner up until the belt is nice and firm, then tighten everything else up. If the belt doesn't tighten and you've maxed out on the tensioner, you have the wrong belt.

Novice
Drives:

#8 - 04-21-2014, 12:31 PM.

Novice
Drives:

#9 - 04-22-2014, 3:01 PM.

What happens if I remove the tensioner? because that is just what I did. :|

Edit* Just put it all back and still cannot tighten it, starting to piss me off. Also I checked the size for the belt by using the original belt that was on the car and it matches. I feel like I made a huge mistake taking out the tensioner.

Last edited by acslater9 on 04-22-2014, 4:43 PM.

Novice
Drives:

#10 - 04-23-2014, 8:38 PM.

Fixed, found out the problem. Anyways somehow I loosed the throttle cable and now my gas pedal is loose. Anyone know how to tighten it or just readjust it? Thanks.

The Boss
Drives:

#11 - 04-24-2014, 12:17 AM.

Lol, what was the problem?

Novice
Drives:

#12 - 04-24-2014, 6:36 AM.

Found out that I placed it in the wrong hole. It wasn't even on the pressure plate that's why it was so loose. You tend to learn a lot from trial and error. But yeah my gas pedal is loose, how can I tighten it?

Post new thread Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Username:   Password:   Remember Me?    *Login
* FAQ